In-Situ FT-IR Spectrometer ASP-MB-RX
- Analyzer for In-Situ Reaction Monitoring
- A Comprehensive and Intuitive Package
- Intended for laboraties and pilot plants
- Designed around the key concepts of analytical performance
Analyzer for In-Situ Reaction Monitoring
In situ reaction monitoring is an essential step in the chemical synthesis process. Intended for laboratories and pilot plants, the MB-Rx Reaction Monitor provides chemists with direct access to real-time experiment data via a rugged insertion probe and an intuitive software interface. The MB-Rx is designed around the key concepts of analytical performance, reliability and simplicity. It is a plug-and-play solution that can be used at any time without requiring any consumables or maintenance! This robust analytical solution provides real-time insight into reaction monitoring for various processes in chemical and biotechnology applications. The MB-Rx enables R&D and process development teams to look into the progress of chemical reactions as they happen. Chemical reaction in a flow or batch reactor requires a fast and efficient method to measure the consumption of reactants as well as the formation of products and by-products in order to optimize an industrial process in the shortest time possible. With its reduced footprint, the MB-Rx can be used inside crowded fumehoods, providing convenient access to reactors. Its optics are non-hygroscopic, and do not require desiccant cartridges. For additional ease of use, the MB-Rx operates with a room-temperature detector, so that users do not have to worry about nitrogen supply for cryogenically cooled detectors or regular refurbishment constraints associated with Stirling cooled detectors. All key spectral and chemical properties are trended in real time, and the ergonomic software interface allows for rapid set-up of new experiment templates. The aluminium casting of the MB-Rx provides the level of protection required for intensive use in an industrial environment. It also features permanently aligned optics and a light source that has an average lifespan of 10 years, which means that the instrument is virtually maintenance-free. For additional serenity, users can rely on the built-in health monitoring checks that run continuously while the MB-Rx is in operation, because we believe that chemists should focus their attention on the reaction itself, rather than the measurement interface.
The MB-Rx pre-aligned fibre-optic interface was designed to optimize the efficiency of fibre coupling and provide maximum throughput for ATR applications. The extremely stable interferometer design generates reproducible data, and the novel patented signal-processing algorithms contribute to enhanced sensitivity. As a result of these multiple innovations, the MB-Rx boasts excellent signal-to-noise performance using a maintenance-free room-temperature detector. It perpetuates the reputation of ABB analyzers in terms of their analytical excellence. Our engineers have designed the MB-Rx with dependable components in order to provide uninterrupted reaction monitoring capability without requiring adjustments. The insertion probes are made from Hastelloy and the fibre-optics are protected by a rugged and liquid-tight conduit, with the connectors secured in acetal sleeves.
A comprehensive and intuitive package
The MB-Rx features a number of integrated software modules that include all of the functions required for collecting and analyzing real-time data generated during chemical experiments. The Reaction Configuration Wizard takes the user through the critical steps of the experiment set-up process. The system can generate multiple real-time trends related to spectral features or chemical properties. Experiments can be modified “on the fly” using the full-featured main reaction interface. At the end of a reaction, the experiment data can be saved and reprocessed off-line using a variety of pre-treatments in order to optimize a reaction.The MB-Rx features several integrated software modules that provide all functions to collect and analyze real-time data generated during chemical experiments. The user is taken through the critical steps of the experiment setup thanks to a reaction configuration wizard. The system can generate multiple real-time trends of spectral features or chemical properties. Experiments can be modified “on the fly” through the full-featured main reaction interface. At the end of a reaction, the experiment data can be saved and reprocessed off-line with different pretreatments, in order to optimize a reaction. Software (computer not included).
Spectroscopic performance (typical at 25° C)
- Spectral ranges
- ZnSe ATR probe + silver halide fibres: 600-3300 cm-1
- Diamond ATR probe + silver halide fibres: 600-1900 cm-1 + 2300-3300 cm-1
- ZrO 2 ATR probe + chalcogenide fibres: 1550-8000 cm-1
- Apodized resolution adjustable from 1 cm-1 to 64 cm-1 (2 r increments)
- Signal sampling: 24-bit ADC
- Limit of Detection for acetone in toluene: 0.1% w/w (60s acquisition, 4 cm-1 resolution)
A comprehensive and intuitive package
- Standard software modules
- Horizon MB RX: Real-time reaction monitoring
- Horizon MB FTIR: Basic instrument operations and validation
- Horizon MB Quantify: Chemometrics and calibration development
- Optional software modules
- Horizon MB Library: Library search engine
- Horizon MB IR Interpretation: Identification of functional groups in molecules and interpretation of complex spectra based on automated peak table search against a reference library
- Horizon MB Security: Configurable settings for secured access control, electronic records protection and traceability
- FTSW100: Automated process monitoring
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.