ASP distributes PSL's InGaAs short wave infrared (SWIR) cameras deliver 640x512 resolution with extended dynamic range response up to 2.2 micron. The high resolution SWIR camera can be used for a very wide variety of applications including laser beam profiling, semiconductor inspection, hyperspectral imaging, on-line process control, Low-light level imaging, and screening solar cells.
Example: For solar cells screening, defects at early processing stage can be imaged through the bulk silicon thanks to its transparency at wavelengths beyond 1.1 micron. Cracks, dead or weak responding areas are unveiled on sliced wafers, enabling automatic sorting / selection of the best pieces. The camera finally captures faint electroluminescence (EL) and photoluminescence (PL) emissions from individual photovoltaic cells that are directly proportional to their efficiency.
These high resolution SWIR cameras are supplied with state of art SWIR optics which will deliver superior resolution / contrast modulation and lower distortion than conventional NIR optics that are used with conventional CCD cameras.
List of Abstract and published papers
- SWIR imagers can operate at near room temperature with cut-off wavelengths that extended from 1.7μm (for InP lattice matched InGaAs) to beyond 2.0μm with strained InGaAs epitaxial growth on InP substrate. A leading application in the SWIR band - Night vision, requires very low dark current levels, whereas the dark current increases as the cutoff wavelength increases. We demonstrate imaging applications made possible by utilization of dark current reduction, and the physics of background and objects radiance. A newly built imager is presented.
- Abstract. The Greenhouse gases Observing SATellite (GOSAT) was launched on 23 January 2009 to monitor global distributions of carbon dioxide and methane. The Thermal And Near-infrared Sensor for carbon ObservationFourier Transform Spectrometer (TANSO-FTS) onboard GOSAT measures the short-wavelength infrared (SWIR) spectra. Radiometric accuracy directly inﬂuences the accuracy of the retrieved greenhouse gas concentrations. From a 2.5-yr retrieval analysis of GOSAT data, we found that the minimum of the mean-squared value of the residuals (the difference between observed and ﬁtted spectra) and the radiance adjustment factor (one of the ancillary parameters to be retrieved with the gas concentrations for adjusting the radiance level between the bands) changed with time, possibly due to inaccurate degradation correction. In this study, the radiometric degradation of TANSO-FTS was evaluated from the on-orbit solar calibration data and modeled as a function of time and wavenumber for each spectral band. The radiometric degradation of TANSO-FTS Band 1 (centered at 0.76 µm) after the launch was found to be about 4 to 6 %, varying with wavenumber, whereas the other two bands (Band 2: 1.6 µm and Band 3: 2.0 µm) showed about 1 % degradation and small wavenumber dependency. When we applied the new degradation model in the retrieval analysis, the above-mentioned issues disappeared.
- Spectral Domain OCT imaging
- Solar cell inspection science imaging
- Low Frequency Thermal Imager
- Transient Thermal Imager
- Bare solar cell silicon wafer inspection
- Semiconductor inspection
- TIRF / Super resolution microscopy
- Temperature furnace monitoring
- Confocal microscopy / cell screening
- Industrial thermal imaging
- Imaging spectroscopy
- Thick sample / tissue IR microscopy
- Single molecule imaging
- Laser profiling / telecom
- Cell motility / live cell recording
- Low ligh Level / range gated IR imaging
- Hyper spectral imaging
- Electron microscopy
- Biochip reader
- Optical Coherence Tomography
- Small 7cmx7cmx15cm round or rectangular housing
- High QE (80%) with high responsitivity (33μV/electron) giving high sensitivity SWIR camera module: 1.15 el/ADU
- Achieving low dark current with single stage peltier cooling
- Dark current 3,000 el/pixel/sec @ -30 degree C (2x every 7 degree C)
- Read out noise: native value about 150 el, ROIC limited, <100 el with interpolation noise reduction
- Rugged design allowing reliable operation and integration into demanding environment
- Sensor only also available
- Exportable around world, no ITAR
- Made in UK
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.